So, big day tomorrow, your shirt is ironed , best suit is ready, shoes are polished and you’ve nailed your company research and preparation. You have watched Tips for a Successful Interview What’s left? IPod playlist!
It’s proven that music has mood altering effects as well as being a powerful tool that can influence the way you think. After much deliberation in our office and hours of track testing we have come up with the Ashley Kate HR top 5 tunes to listen to whilst getting your ‘game face’ on before your big interview!
1) Set your alarm to wake you up to this classic rock track, how could you hear that synth riff and not punch the air?
Van Halen – Jump
2) Get yourself out of the shower and press play on this prog-pop master piece. Fun fact: This song was played as a wake up call to astronaut Christopher Ferguson during the final mission of space shuttle Atlantis.
ELO – Mr Blue Sky
3) Jump in your car, pump up the volume and get ready to bang your head to this Bon Jovi top tune, ‘Livin on a Prayer’ “WOOOAH WE’RE HALF WAY THERE” you can try and resist but let’s face it you will turn it up and when that key change kicks in, you will feel glad to be alive!
4) Smiling will calm you down and this happy go lucky 80’s pop song is guaranteed to make the corners of you mouth turn up
Hall and Oates – You make my dreams come true
5) You have arrived at your destination twenty minutes early *mini fist pump* take a deep breath pop your head phones on and get these ‘Good Vibrations’ running through your body.
Beach Boys – Good Vibrations
That’s it, you’re pumped your game face is set and you’re gonna rock!
Whether you’re recruiting or job seeking – permanent, temporary or contract – Ashley Kate HR is the hub for HR professionals. You can rely on the services we provide, because HR recruitment isn’t just one of the things we do, it’s what we do.
If you enjoy networking and want to connect with other HR professionals – Kim also runs the LinkedIn Groups- HR Professionals Network and HR Directors Boardroom. The former cited as one of the fastest growing HR specific groups. Kim is also responsible for running the Ashley Kate HR HRD Boardroom style debate events in the UK.